- If there is sufficient interest we will have another series of Beginner lessons in March. Each Tuesday we will have a class from 7-7.45pm at the Hotel Rodney. First lesson on March 6th will be free! Remaining 3 lesson series will cost $30. (This series will also be free to those who took Yvonne’s previous beginners class). Call Chris on (443)326-2096 to register.
- Due to low turnout at recent events, we discussed changing our Milonga’s at The Glade from monthly, to every other month. If you haven’t had a chance to give us your input on this matter, please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are also considering booking the Yoga studio (if available) on those last Saturdays of the month that we don’t have a Milonga IF We have at least 4-6 people that would like to dance on those nights. Let us know what you think.
Tuesday February 27th – Practica and Lessons at The Rodney
7.30-8.15pm – Collaborative review of February’s J&R lessons moves and techniques.
Sunday March 4th – Hockessin Road Trip
Its the first Sunday of the month again so we will be travelling to the Lesson and Milonga in Hockessin, DE. If you haven’t arranged transport and would like to share a ride please contact Chris at (443) 326-2096 and she will help to coordinate.
SAVE THE DATE!!
Jay and Rachel are coming for group and private lessons on March 10/11th. Information and pre-lesson videos will follow shortly. We have slots available for Private lessons on both Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th . Contact Chris for more details on (443) 326-2096
Thanks go to Jay & Rachel for a couple of great lessons this past weekend. If you didnt get a chance to join us or just want to review the lessons (along with their demos) just click here
Tuesday February 20th – Practica and Lessons at The Rodney Hotel
7.30-8.15pm – Lesson – Review of Jays lesson at the weekend
Sunday February 25th – Practica at The Rodney
First of all we must give a belated Thank You! to Lana McAra for all her vision and help with our Social Dance last month. Also Thanks go to Adam and Suzanne for their demonstration dance showcasing tango to our visitors.
Last Call for Private lesson with Jay & Rachel! We have one slot available at 6.30pm on Friday 16th. Call Chris on (443)326-2096 if you would like to book this lesson
Tuesday February 13th – Practica and Lessons at The Rodney Hotel
7.30-8.15pm – Intermediate/improver lesson with Adam
Saturday February 17th – Jay & Rachel Lessons at The Yoga Studio
“Fun with Rhythm, Elasticity, & Embellishment”
11.00- 12.15pm Beginners/Improvers: Basic & Travelling Cadencia
In this class we’ll use a fun and useful tango movement to explore rhythmical timing and a stretchy connection within the embrace. We’ll first learn the basic and use it to create an exciting way to travel down the line of dance.
12.15 – 1.00pm – Pot Luck Lunch
Please bring a dish or snacks to share.
12.15 – 1.00pm – Intermediate: Cadencia in turns with variation and embellishment.
We’ll apply the Cadencia in giros, to create a rhythmical & elastic variation. Plus, we’ll add an embellishment perfect for this element!
These classes are intended as a progressed pair. We would encourage intermediates to attend both classes.
Cost: $20 per class. Both classes for $35
Sunday February 18th – Practica at The Rodney
SAVE THE DATE!!
Jay and Rachel are coming for group and private lessons on Feb 16/17th. Information on group lessons will follow shortly. We still have 2 slots available for private lessons. Contact Chris for more details on (443) 326-2096
Fresh Look at Learning
Over the past year we have worked hard to get visiting teachers to Tango Lewes and our members have responded positively both to the group and private lessons that have been offered. Your commitment to both this program and to improvement in general is very visible.
In an effort to optimize your efforts, we are working with Jay and Rachel (utilizing their new syllabus that they have developed for Intermediate/improver levels) to add more structure to the learning process. We will be providing some additional tools to help us remember the steps AND the techniques that are critical to execution. This will include:
- Providing a custom video PRIOR to their visit that will not just show Jay and Rachel dancing the steps, but will focus on the necessary techniques and, where possible, introduce potential embellishments. The video will be available on the Tango Lewes website and will allow you to practice before and after the lesson.
- Our Tuesday night Intermediate/improver lessons will seek to reinforce understanding of the most recent lesson, focus on the techniques, and examine variations of the moves that will offer more variety into our dance.
- We will bring the videos to Tuesday/Sunday Practica’s (hopefully connecting to the Wall Monitors!) where you can review as you practice.
Our next lesson with Jay and Rachel will be on Saturday February 17th. We should have videos available early next week so that you can preview the program on the Tango Lewes site and have an opportunity to hone some of your skills before Saturday’s class.
Tuesday February 6th – Practica and Lessons at The Rodney
7.30-8.15pm – Intermediate/improver lesson with Yvonne
Sunday February 11th – Practica at The Rodney